Faith Lutheran Church, Menifee, CA
New Protocols for In-Person Worship
After much consideration, deliberation and prayer, the leadership of our congregation (including the Church Council, the Worship and Music Committee, and myself as pastor) have determined that we will be resuming in person worship services on Sunday October 18th with that Sunday’s place in the lectionary. In keeping with ELCA and government guidelines, and with the biblical commandment to “Love Thy Neighbor” our church leaders have provided the following guidelines and instructions which attendees will be required to to be follow when attending in-person worship:
· Face coveringswill be required at all times. We will have extra covers if you forget yours.
· Temperatureswill be taken at the door, those with a fever will have to return home with their whole group.
· Physical distancingof 6 ft. or more will be practiced, including parking in every-other spot. For entrance to the church property, adherence to these policies will be required.
· Limit touching surfacesto help keep things sanitized.
· If you feel ill or have had potential exposure to COVID-19, do NOT attend worship. Also, if you are part of a high-risk population or feel uncomfortable attending in person, we encourage you to refrain from attending and continue to access worship online.
· The main narthex doorswill be the only entrance and exit point.
· Ushers will seat worshipersfrom the front to the back of the sanctuary, every other row.
· Ushers will direct you when to exit, as well.
· Do not gather inside or by the doors before or after the service.
· These will not be part of our service: group responsive reading and singing, peace passing, greeting line, Sunday School and Nursery care, fellowship time.
· Offeringwill be dropped into baskets at the entrance.
· Communionwill be “bring your own bread” from home with no wine element. Our theology states the bread alone can constitute the whole gift of communion. Please bring you own bread, however, individually sealed wafers are available for those who forgot their own.
· There will be no bulletins at church.The service will be projected as before. If you need a physical bulletin, they will be available online prior to worship. You may download and print it to bring along with you if you have difficulty seeing the screens.
· Restrooms limited to one person at a time – Enter via the Mailbox Lobby and corridor; Exit via the hallway and door next to the kitchen. We ask that the bathroom only be used in urgent need due to the difficulty in keeping them sanitized between uses during the service.
· Drinking fountainswill be turned off. If you need water, you may bring your own bottle.
· IMPORTANT: Finally, please see the back of this page to see instructions on what dates your household can attend worship.
When to Attend?
To comply with state guidelines for church service attendance (that only 25% of maximum capacity can be in attendance at one time) the congregation will be divided into 2 groups. Divided alphabetically by last name, Group 1 will be A-K last names and Group 2 will be L-Z. We will have these groups trade off every other Sunday in-person attendance. Our first date of resumed in-person services will be October 18th, which will be Group 1’s turn to attend. The following Sunday, the 25th, will be Group 2’s turn, with Group 1 going again on November 1st. Note also that if you need to be in the other group than your own (because someone from that group gives you a ride to church or other reasons like this), please let the church office know and we will do our best to accommodate this. Services will be recorded and posted online for those who cannot attend or it is their off week.
To comply with state guidelines for church service attendance (that only 25% of maximum capacity can be in attendance at one time) the congregation will be divided into 2 groups.
See below for an updated attendance schedule.
Group 1: Last names A-K
November: 1, 15, 29
December: 13, 27
January: 10, 24
February: 7, 21
March: 7, 21
April: 4, 18
Group 2: Last names L-Z
November: 8, 22
December: 6, 20
January: 3, 17, 31
February: 14, 28
March: 14, 28
April: 11, 25
Checklist before going to church:
Did you check if it is your group’s Sunday to attend in-person service?
Do you have a face covering, bread for communion, personal hand sanitizer, your personal copies of the service if you want or need them?
For a more detailed version of this document, please inquire in the office. We appreciate your patience and cooperation as we continue to discover this new way of being church together and we ask God to help and guide us.