Faith Lutheran Church, Menifee, CA
New Protocols for In-Person Worship
After much consideration, deliberation and prayer, the leadership of our congregation (including the Church Council, the Worship and Music Committee, and myself as pastor) have determined that we will be resuming in person worship services with that Sunday’s place in the lectionary. In keeping with ELCA and government guidelines, and with the biblical commandment to “Love Thy Neighbor” our church leaders have provided the following guidelines and instructions which attendees will be required to follow when attending in-person worship:
· Face coverings will be required at all times. We will have extra covers if you forget yours.
· Physical distancing of 6 ft. or more will be practiced. For entrance to the church property, adherence to these policies will be required.
· Limit touching surfaces to help keep things sanitized.
· If you feel ill or have had potential exposure to COVID-19, do NOT attend worship. Also, if you are part of a high-risk population or feel uncomfortable attending in person, we encourage you to refrain from attending and continue to access worship online.
· The main narthex doors will be the only entrance and exit point.
· Ushers will seat worshipers from the front to the back of the sanctuary, every other row.
· Ushers will direct you when to exit, as well.
· Do not gather inside or by the doors before or after the service.
· These will not be part of our service: group responsive reading and singing, peace passing, greeting line, Sunday School and Nursery care, fellowship time.
· Offering will be dropped into baskets at the entrance.
· Communion will be "bring your own bread and drink," as we have been doing for parking lot services. There will be no distribution so please bring your own.
· There will be no bulletins handed out at church.The service will be projected as before. If you need a physical bulletin, they will be available online prior to worship. You may download and print it to bring along with you if you have difficulty seeing the screens.
· Restrooms limited to one person at a time – Enter via the Mailbox Lobby and corridor; Exit via the hallway and door next to the kitchen. We ask that the bathroom only be used in urgent need due to the difficulty in keeping them sanitized between uses during the service.
· Drinking fountains will be turned off. If you need water, you may bring your own bottle.
Do you have a face covering, bread for communion, personal hand sanitizer, your personal copies of the service if you want or need them?
For a more detailed version of this document, please inquire in the office. We appreciate your patience and cooperation as we continue to discover this new way of being church together and we ask God to help and guide us.